Art and crochet

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why does love have to be misunderstood

Why is it so hard to demonstrate love when it comes out as something else to the loved one?
How can a hug and an "I'm sorry." come out to be,
"You just pity me and I don't want  your pity." 
"I feel sorry enough for myself without your pity."
I pray, I ask God to help me know the words to say.
I encourage, brag on her and feel a love so deep I feel my heart will break.
I just feel such a failure as a mother.
I guess she feels such a failure as a daughter.

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is so sad, Peggy. I pray for love, joy and peace between you. Blessings and (((hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love and prayers your way Peggy. I hope your daughter comes to see how much you really do love her. (((HUGS))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you ((((love & hugs))) and letting you know you're in my prayers*! Prayer changes things and God can heal broken hearts. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know exacctly what you are sharing Peggy ... hugs & love. May all turn around ..
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much love to you with lots of good prayers. I came over from Marydon's Blushing Rose Too blog to join you. I hope you come join me and visit real soon. I am in a funk at work. Surrounded by awful cruel people. But a sweet bloggy friend who loves the Lord said He is using me! It is so hard trying to be a good steward when people are mean to you. I like the look of your blog, reminds me Spring can not be too far away. Love and Many Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just stopped to visit(from Pieces of my Mind).
    Feel for you with your post today, I have a sister who misunderstands everything and I feel so bad for my Mom. I pray you two can work it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment(smileyquilter.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is indeed a complex thing. Sending sweet thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think being a mother is the hardest job in the world... I have 3 grown sons and go through this too... It's all part of the package of Motherhood... I'll be praying for you Sweetie...
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not easy being a mom...or a daughter for that matter. I hope things look brighter soon; they usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some times there is no right thing to do-she's gonna feel what she feels no matter what you say. You do your best, that's all you can do. I'm sure it will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Day of the Lily" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/04/sites-to-see_15.html

    ReplyDelete