Art and crochet

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hole in my heart, knot in my throat.

From whence came this hole in my heart that now feels like a knot in my throat.
Something has bored a hole in this space where all my dreams and goals were resting.
Those dreams and goals have hardened into gall and the trauma has made them just rote.
I need to puke them up and take a different look at the whole damn fiasco.
That man I loved, they called a rogue, was my hero and they were all wrong.
It made me anxious and confused but I was only eight.
I knew he beat my mom and I remember the belt welts on my legs and my sister's too.
But we had been bad little girls, I guess, that is what he said.

8 comments:

  1. You Know The Truth Now.You Cant Be Hurt By The Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, QMM, this is sad.
    Start at the beginning and work it all out.

    Good luck and best wishes.

    Congratulations on this new blog too; I knew an irrepressible old girl like isn't kept down for long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I am so sorry. how absolutely terrible. Those affects never leave. the perpetrators go one but the victim forever carries the memory if not the scars too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh! This is just awful! I pray you are not speaking from personal experiences...there is no excuse for beating anyone, especially not a child (or animals)...they are so innocent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. QMM, These are memories we heal from, let go and use to love on somebody else. May your pain heal and help free others.
    love, lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hearting wrenching entry to you journal, so sad

    ReplyDelete
  7. May the good Lord hold you in His arms of comfort and peace and may you find healing in His constant presence. I am so sorry for your pain.
    It is unfathomable. Thank you for sharing your heart. I wish you joy.

    ReplyDelete