Where Is God?
"My Father in Heaven," He said.
These words of Jesus do not tell
Exactly where the Father may dwell.
Is heaven up "there" somewhere in the sky?
Or in the twinkle in baby Benjamins eye?
Is the Father residing somewhere in a church?
Or in the forest on a high perch?
Or maybe oer the ocean in the eye of a storm,
Or on a sandy beach with a crab, where it's warm.
"I know" a tiny voice inside me said, "He is in all these places,
Particularly in black, yellow, red and white faces.
Where is heaven and were does the Father dwell on this day?
For me, I found Him in myself as I learned to pray.
Look in the space that each one of us calls our own,
The space where our soul exists.
The space where there is no limits.
Just open your eyes and "see" with your soul.
Heaven is right in front of us, just as we were told.

Oh Peggy, this is so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been reading more on 'Near Death Experiences' lately and they make you want to go there as soon as you can.
What a wonderful time that will be, to walk along streets of gold, where you never age and love abounds... Knowing about Heaven takes away all the fear of dying.
God Bless you heaps dear sister..xxx
I agree with Crystal, Peggy. This is beautiful!
ReplyDeletePeggy, This is so beautiful. I'm so happy to have so many people who love Jesus in the blogging world. Thank you for stopping by and voting on our little contest-spread the word for people to come by. It really is fun.
ReplyDeleteHave a sweet week.
Ann
Your blog is so pretty. I love pretty. I have never thought about heaven being a prayer away. That is a great saying. The poem is
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sentiment. Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing your creative side.
ReplyDeleteHey... a new site to explore. I saw your link on someone's sidebar and I remembered I haven't been in a while.
ReplyDeleteLovely to connect again! Hope things are well in your world............... my red chicken still rules the roost as she nests atop my bulletin board in my office!
Lovely poem Peggy and full of truth. The Kingdom of heaven is within us as is Jesus.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a happy new year.